Re: CBC news: Nuclear waste on the Great Lakes

Lake Michigan is a very large reservoir.  20% of the

Earth's fresh water supply is contained in the Great

Lakes.  That is quite a bit of water to dillute

anything that could leak into the water.

Maybe that's why nobody complains about ships, boats,

barges, & other water craft from floating on that very

same water.  Think about it.  Gasoline & diesel fuel

are some of the most toxic substances around yet

nobody qualms about a boat carrying thousands of

pounds of the stuff from crossing the lake.  Let's not

even talk about the thin tanks that contain the fuel

and how easily they are ruptured.

Why aren't activists up in arms about the hundreds of

thousands - if not millions of gallons of gasoline &

diesel that cross the Lakes that could spill and

contaminate this drinking water?  What about all the

dead & decaying fish, fish poop, and human waste that

is released to the water?

Tim

http://health.yahoo.com