From: hflong@postoffice.pacbell.net [mailto:hflong@postoffice.pacbell.net]
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 2:47 AM
To: RuthWeiner@AOL.COM
Cc: michael.g.stabin@vanderbilt.edu; liptonw@DTEENERGY.COM; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: Re: free speech -Medical parallels to radiation dose

Ruth and list,
First, I believe whooping cough vaccine fear is often justified.

I am an epidemiologist and public health doctor who returned to being a family doctor because I could not stomach treating society to the detriment of the individual (and seeing society, too, worse off for the dictates). After long experience, I advise my patients (contrary to the answer they wanted on my FP Board exam last summer) to NOT  have another pertussis (WC) shot if there is fever or was after the first one. This is heresy for herd immune rates, but saves individuals great grief and risk

are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message and any attachments are those
of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the
Childrens Hospital at Westmead

virus scanned and although no computer viruses were detected,
the Childrens Hospital at Westmead accepts no liability for any
consequential damage resulting from email containing computer
viruses.