Re: near miss

Sandy —

You're right, of course. I'm just getting sick and tired of all of this "the sky is falling" reporting here of late. Guess I shouldn't let it get to me. As I said before, however, a certain level of "credence" is given to the article just by the mere fact that it was published, and "somebody" read and believed it.

Jim

On 1 May 2002 at 21:53, Jim Hardeman wrote:

> So what?????

Jim,

The purpose of anyone posting these types of articles is not that the

poster gives credence to what is contained within the article, but to

inform all of us that this type of information is what is being

published, and, what the general public reads, and in some cases,

forms an opinion, based on the published article. As you are aware,

some of the articles I post are of this nature. I don't post these

news items to condone them. I post them so everyone knows what is in

the public domain.

I would think that all of us, and especially government workers,

emergency response, should be happy to know what is out there, and,

can be prepared to refute with data (if appropriate), when confronted

or asked about this scenario occurring in their own area.

Just my opinion.

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com