From: Fritz A. Seiler [mailto:faseiler@NMIA.COM]

Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 4:56 PM

To: Richard F. Orthen

Cc: Radsafe BBS; jalvarez; jalvarez@auxier.com

Subject: Re: COGEMA Says No to LNT

Dear Rick,

	COGEMA is not alone! They got their position from a report of some

panel of the Academie Francaise (I forget which).  In addition, our

Health Physics Society also states that risks for doses below 10 rem

should not be calculated due to an uncertainty that is larger than the

risk. For an honest scientist, any such number is pure nonsense, as it

cannot be shown to be different from zero!

	There are many people such as myself that are scientists first and

risk

assessors and health physicists second.  We all deplore the flagrant

abuse of the Scientific Method perpetrated by the LNT proponents. If you

are interested, I can put you in contact with people and data bases that

show what I am talking about.

Best regards and have a nice weekend,

. . .