Re: Dirty Bomb

Danny, Jim,

 From: "Danny K. McClung" <danny.mcclung@nist.gov>

> Thanks for your thoughts, Jim.

> I am surprised my posting has not generated more feedback in over 24 hours.

> I guess that is because LNT does not apply to this scenario.

Of course it does. Without the LNT gov't minions couldn't terrorize the

public with the radiation boogeyman.  :-)

Your statement:  "Because of the lack of radiological knowledge in the

public, and the media's frenzied reporting, terror WILL reign until the

emergency responders in the affected jurisdiction can verify and control the

situation"  is absolutely true.  Presenting this to Fire, Police, and EMS

finds them stunned by a factual perspective on radiation effects, from

background radiation, medical and occupational exposures, plus Chernobyl,

etc.

But the 'terrorism' source is the Fed/int'l agency disinformation (repeated

as 'fact' by too many). Unless there's some "bottom-up" questions and

management from radiation emergency responders, the first responders, the

public, and even the media, will never hear the truth.

Regards, Jim