From: Jerry Cohen [mailto:jjcohen@PRODIGY.NET]

Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 3:05 PM

To: Jacobus, John (OD/ORS); RadSafe

Subject: Re: Annual Report Shows Overall Decline in U.S. Cancer Death

Rates; Cancer Burden is Expected to Rise with an Aging Population

Maybe I missed something, but I don't get the point of this report.

It has long been recognized that the cancer rate increases with the age of

the population,

i.e. the longer you live, the greater the probability that you will die of

cancer.

So, what else is new?

The only guidance in the report seems to be: "  These data highlight the

need for the rapid, full  application of all we know about prevention,

screening,  and treatment of cancer."

What a radical idea! However, given enough time, we might have been able to

figure that out by ourselves.

Cancer Burden is Expected to Rise with an Aging Population

the views of the company.