Re: Fw: virus hoax

At 01:01 PM 5/15/02 -0400, Jim Nicolosi wrote:

>Virus alert...Read Below...I got this message...I have an active virus scan

>on email (which I had updated yesterday) and it did not detect it...

May 15, 2002

This virus hoax about the MS WINDOWS System file jdbgmgr.exe has been

around for a while. It is not detected by Virus Scan because it is NOT a

virus. This is not a virus file but a necessary part of WINDOWS. If you

remove it, WINDOWS will lose a needed file. Most systems will replace it on

every startup, so it is a waste of time trying to get rid of it. Read about

this hoax at:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoa

x.html

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP

Center for Health & the Environment

(Street Address: Bldg. 3792, Old Davis Road)

University of California, Davis, CA 95616

E-Mail: ograabe@ucdavis.edu

Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140