Re: Precautionary Principle Applied to Lung Cancer Risk Caused by Residential...

In a message dated 5/17/02 11:32:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time, epirad@mchsi.com writes:

. In descending
order of priority, indoor air pollutants (excluding
radon), criteria air pollutants, hazardous air
pollutants, indoor radon, lead contamination, inactive
hazardous waste sites, and drinking water at the tap are
the highest ranked environmental hazards to human health.

Of course this list does not even begin to consider the unintended consequences of regulations relating to these "hazards."  Somehow we need to be able to put ranges of values onto the hazards so people and regulators can use common sense in applying regulatory restrictions.

John Andrews
Knoxville, Tennessee
(I appologize for not signing the previous post!)