RE: Exposure from flight

Hi Rob.

	I used standard laboratory procedures to read the chips. I do environmental

TLD reading for our facility, and used the calibration curves for last

quarter to evaluate the readings for the twelve chips I carried with me. Six

were in my luggage and the others were on my person. I did NOT do a

backround, so the readings were gross mR, not net mR. The linear regression

curve used to calculate gross mR per nanocoulomb was based on calibration

TLD's exposed to a NIST-traceable Ra-226 needle source. All initial and

final light and dark currents were congruent with those taken last time I

did the entire environmental suite.

	I guess my point is that I got very little (if any) dose. If I had compiled

a set of backround TLD's and kept them in our lead "cave", I would have been

a little more accurate. But I didn't, so I'm not. My supposition is that

since the TLD's I carried on my person (and which went through several X-Ray

machines) read almost exactly the same as the ones in my luggage, most of

the dose was due to backround. I do believe however, that I received a few

mR.

Regards,

	   Jim