Re: ILLINOIS RADIOGRAPHER

It is to far to simple to suppose that just buying special detection

equipment will prevent these incidents from happening.  I do agree that

good monitoring and training to keep awareness high is crucial.

I have seen to many equipment manufacturers selling “so called safety

solutions to all of your problems”

When you want to improve the working practices you should look into the

environmental working conditions also.

We supply our radiographers with pocket meters so they are able to use it

in all kind of situations.

I do not want judge in this particular case because scarcely any formal

information is provided.

There could be a dozen contributing factors leading to this person doing

what he did, even if he covered up info.

That would be the same as guessing how many clouds will pass by in the next

hour.

Hopefully a professional independent accident investigation is performed so

some lessons are learned.

And not merely to put the blame on..., or to cover insurance claims..., but

to really learn something from it.

To suppose that in the last 30 years no improvements were made is an

underestimation of the reality.

Regards

Paul van Rooijen

Manager HSE

AIB-Vinçotte Nederland BV, PO Box 6869, 4802 HW Breda, The Netherlands

tel (+31) 076 579 11 54, fax (+31) 076 587 47 60

e-mail rooyen@aib-vincotte.nl