Re: Powernet: ILLINOIS RADIOGRAPHER RECEIVED 15 SIEVERT (1,500REM) TO HIS LO...

Add to that list various "test stands" on research equipment that have

high voltage and vacuum and "just happen to emit x-rays" - like that

recent ORNL ECR incident.

I've been chatting with Handloser too - let's all gang up on him and

maybe he will produce something.

Los Alamos had a nice design - but its not made anymore - may be John

can resurrect that?

Actually I liked the old EN pen style.  That is a design that could

benefit from new electronics - but it seems the cost issue there is GM

tubes.  For simple and robust and not sensitive to other EM disturbance

- GM's have lots of advantages.  And NO they DO NOT paralyze in high

fields!  That was a problem with old circuitry that isn't done anymore -

especially in new battery thrifty designs.