Re: Powernet: ILLINOIS RADIOGRAPHER RECEIVED 15 SIEVERT (1,500 REM) TO HIS LO...

Last year at the HPS meeting I was asking many vendors the same

question.  They said that their marketing was driven primarily by the

nuclear power industry, who wanted more bells and whistles.  I used and

liked the old Eberline Rad Tads, but they haven't been made in a long

time.  I suggested to John Handloser of HPI that there was a market out

there for a chirper, which would be very useful for Cardiology and

Angiography physicians.  At the time I didn't think of

radiographers.  Other users might include well-loggers, people using

gauging devices, irradiators, teletherapy units, linacs, etc.  Maybe if

John were to get a few more people suggesting that such a device would be

useful, we would see an economical well designed chirper hit the market.