Re: Powernet: ILLINOIS RADIOGRAPHER RECEIVED 15 SIEVERT (1,500 REM) TO HIS L...

In a message dated 5/28/02 8:35:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tdc@xrayted.com writes:

I agree - have you tried to buy a just plain chirper lately???
Everything is an EPD and much more expensive (and complicated) than a
simple chirper needs to be.

I still have one that I got in the mid '60s.  It is in a nylon case and is indestructable.  I put a battery in it the other day and laid it on my orange fiesta ware plate to test it.  It works fine.  I did have to resolder a wire a few years ago and all the silk screen wording is gone.  It was made by Electro Neutronics in Berkeley or somewhere in the bay area.  Cost $79 then.  The circuit for these is published and not proprietary.  Borokowski, et al.

Wish they were still available.  Eberline used to make them, but stopped some years ago.  Their aluminum case was less durable.  Some radiographer instrument supplier should make them for the industry.

John Andrews
Knoxville, Tennessee