[Humor] Re: Chart New Element Discovered called ... Nukeknowium

Apologies to any lists that find this humor off-topic.  I found the post

below by Jim Phelps to be absolutely hillarious, witty, and just plain

delightful!

Lots more below.  Some are originals by me (you'll want to skip over them

:-) ).  Enjoy!

>From: magnu96196@aol.com

>To: Know_Nukes@yahoogroups.com

>Subject: [Know_Nukes] Re: Chart New Element Discovered called ...

>Nukeknowium

>  Chart New Element Discovered called ... Nukeknowium, symbol Nk

>  Nk is a daugher of Deleteium

>  A major research institution has recently announced the discovery of the

>  heaviest element yet known to science. This new element has been

>tentatively

>  named "Nukeknowium."

>  Nukeknowium has 1 neutron, 12 assistant neutrons, 75 deputy neutrons, and

>  111 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312. These 312

>  particles are held together by a force called morons, which are

>surrounded

>  by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.

>   Since Nukeknowium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be

>  detected as it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. A

>  minute amount of Nukeknowium causes one reaction to

>  take over 4 days to complete when it would normally take less than a

>second.

>  Nukeknowium has

>  a normal half-life of 3 years; it does not decay but instead undergoes a

>  reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy

>  neutrons exchange places.

>  In fact, Nukeknowium's mass will actually increase over time, since each

>  reorganization causes some morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.

>This

>  characteristic of moron-promotion leads some scientists to speculate that

>  Nukeknowium is formed whenever morons reach a certain quantity in

>  concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as "Critical

>  Morass." You will know it when you see it.

If you enjoy witty humor, you'll hate the following examples :-):

Nuclear Phone Survey

Nuclear Aircraft Carrier No Match

Nuclear Picnic

France Resumes Testing

Warm Fusion

Bumer Sticker

In the Beginning, God...

Microsoft Tests Nuclear Device

Nuclear Cookie Recipe

Living in California

Hamster power

MRI Humor

Jim Hoerner "Exposed" [links included are not for children or other mammals]

Al-Quaida Nuclear Experts Duped

PullThePlug on Hoover's Press Release

Greenpeace Storms Aussie Reactor

Merry Christmas from Saint Nuke

Top 10 Reasons to be a Nuclear Engineer (by Lame Jim "Knownukium" Hoerner)

10. People will give you credit for being smarter than you really are.

9. What could be more fun than the Code of Federal Regulations?

8. $70k per year buys a lot of beer.

7. You can scare people by telling them about how you are exposed at work,

and you are indeed radioactive (not that they are related).

6. You can make the Chem guys really jealous that your bombs are so much

bigger than theirs.

5. You can make those Greenpeace self-proclaimed nuclear experts look

foolish.

4. Even if you are middle-aged, you'll be known at work as "the young guy".

3. In the event of Armegeddon, you may actually be able to survive.

2. Babe magnet. You see, last Tuesday, no Wednesday, in the cafeteria just

after lunch, (well, not *just* after, more like *during* lunch, about 12:28;

say 12:30, give or take a few minutes), I leaned back in my chair (it was

one of those aluminum chairs, good strength-to-weight, like titanium but not

quite; but then of course titanium would be a bit of an overkill). Anyway, I

heard one of the girls talking about how interesting she thought nuclear

engineers could be.

1. $70k per year buys a lot of beer.

0. You can impress your friends and family with your remarkable ability to

point out all the technical inaccuracies of the Simpsons cartoon.

-1. Working in the control room provides plenty of opportunity to catch up

on some sleep.

-2. Mmmmmm. Doughnuts!

In fun,

Jim

--

Hold the door for the stranger behind you.  When the driver a

half-car-length in front of you signals to get over, slow down.  Smile and

say "hi" to the folks you pass on the sidewalk.  Give blood.  Volunteer.