Re: US 'foils terror attack'

Strangely, this reminds me of my childhood.  I grew up with 4 brothers,

and there was pretty regular fighting.  As the #4 kid, I was smaller,

and I always stuck to wrestling unless big brother threw the 1st punch.

I did this because I knew that escalating to punches would result in a

lot more pain and damage to me, including the punishment we would get if

my parents saw any injuries.

I think these nuts have that same 9 year old mentality (plus a deranged

amorality).  They KNOW that if they use nukes against us, there will be

a dramatic and sudden loss of any reluctance we may have to retaliate in

kind and in spades.

But as long as its only a threat, there will be a portion of the

population willing to try appeasment.  Al-Qaeda is never going to get

anywhere trying to bomb us, but they might hope to get what they want by

the mere threat.  So, I wonder if this guy they discovered and captured

really accomplished his purpose by being discovered and captured.

	Gary Isenhower

	713-798-8353

	garyi@bcm.tmc.edu