RE: Cohen's Ecologic Studies

I don't know why you guys refuse to face the issue.  You argue that

ecological studies have certain limitations.  No one disputes that.  You

keep describing what these potential problems are.  No argument.  But no one

has shown how, with a specific, credible example, such a problem could

dispute the actual data Dr. Cohen has presented.

This is like arguing that a clock might not give the right time.  It might

not have been wound.  Or reset after winding.  Or be in the wrong time zone.

Or be a lousy clock.  All true.  But when a guy says "My clock says the time

is now 8:15,' do you sit around and present the kind of arguments I

described, or do you check out the specifics?  What Cohen keeps asking for

is:  Give me an example of a credible situation that could reverse his

negative correlation.  He agrees to calculate the results, so you don't even

have to do any work.

Seems like a reasonable request.

Ted Rockwell