Radiation

Folks,

	I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but it seems to me that

if any radiation, no mater what the amount, is bad for you, as I must

instruct in my classes, except for breaks, then the obvious comes to my

feeble mind.

	The people who get the lowest doses of background radiation should

be living longer and healthier lives than people who receive the most

background radiation.  From all literature I have been able to read, all

anecdotal information I have been able to glean, this is not the case.

	Fighting over whose statistical models are better than whose seems

to be counterproductive to the health physics field.  I would think the

health physics community as a whole would be pulling together to show that

the statements dictated by our governments for "official policy" are just

political statements and hold no validity in the real world.

	That is the sum total of my soap box speech and "that is all I have

to say about that."

Chris A. Marthaller, RRPT

Sr. Training Coordinator, WIPP

(505) 234-8661

Chris.Marthaller@wipp.ws

I alone am to blame for my statements.

"If we keep doing what we are doing, we will keep getting what we are

getting." ANON