Transuranics Definition

For DOE sites.  What is your interpretation for the use of the term "transuranic" when used in 10CFR835, Appendix D, Surface Contamination Limits?

Specifically:

Is the term defined in regards to transuranic waste as cited in the DOE Radiological Control Standard DOE-STD-1089-99 ... "that is, atomic number greater than 92 AND an alpha emitter AND greater than 20 year half-life"

OR

is it defined as ANY element greater than atomic number 92.

We are looking at the appropriate surface contamination limit for PU-241.  There is a big difference based on the definition we use.

Thanks

Dave Biela