Re: the inaccurate maps site

1.  I haven't looked at the site -- too busy.

2.  I can tell you about the EIS.  The maps that are in the EIS are on a scale of 65 miles to the inch.  I tried zooming in on Atlanta and Albany, and on the EIS maps they are just black squares.  Now, you can superimpose a city map on that, an then blow it up, but it's not going to be anywhere near accurate as far as rail routes are concerned (truck routes are required to use bypasses anyway).

Moreover, if someone lives 0.2 miles from a train track, he or she doesn't need an EIS map to find that out (or any other map -- you can measure it with your odometer).  I happen to live 6 miles from railroad tracks that run N-S through Albuquerque, but there are other parallel tracks further away, and the E-W lines are considerably further.  I cannot tell from the EIS maps how close the tracks that will be used are to my house.

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com