Dose limits for emergency workers (was Dirty Bomb)

Ted and all,

I am not familiar with the 25 rem guidance. (My bg is in mining and acute

exposures are not usually an issue.) Do you have a reference? Is this value

based on some international guidance or does it apply to US only? Does this

apply to life and death situations only, or are significant property loss

situations included?

Is there a (short) justification for this level in terms of health effects?

(I'm writing a FAQ for a wristwatch + DRD combination and don't

know at what level people should set the cumulative dose alarm. [see

http://members.shaw.ca/GammaWatch/FAQ.htm second last question] )

Thanks,

Kai