Re: Surviving a Dirty Bomb

In context of this thread, should not some mention be made of the danger from potassium iodide for people who are allergic to shellfish foods? And concerning probabilities, reference is made by some to the willingness of "bombers" to commit suicide. I submit that the recruiting officers face a whole different can of worms trying to recruit "suicide bombers" who are willing to die from radiation sickness or any other nuclear or biological terminal illness. Even to potential suicide bombers, I suspect that there is a very real difference between the prospects of sudden, instant death vs slow misery. All things are possible, but some much more than others.

Cheers,

Maury Siskel                       maury@webtexas.com

Bud Yard wrote:

> Radsafers,

> I have been following the thread on this subject, and before it runs its course, I have some food for thought, and would appreciate feedback. In our office, we acknowledge but look beyond questions concerning the easily measured doses that are applicable to occupational settings,

It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves under the flag,

and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to

burn the flag.                                  Charles M. Province