Info re: MapScience SNF Accident Consequence assessments

Colleagues -

I have been asked by a media outlet here in Georgia to comment upon the MapScience (www.mapscience.org) "What if ... a nuclear waste accident scenario in ..." series of documents. At first glance it appears to me that the MapScience assumptions related to the nature and extent of damage to the cask, the amount and form of radioactive material released, and the atmospheric dispersion of released materials are all grossly conservative ... to the point that the analyses themselves are in no way credible ... and I told that to the reporter. Has anybody seen the actual RISKIND and HOTSPOT calculations that MapScience used in this work, or does anybody know what input parameters were used? I have requested this information from MapScience, but have not heard back from them.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jim Hardeman, Manager

Environmental Radiation Program

Environmental Protection Division