RE: Looking for vendors to relocate irradiators

Greg,

We went through this drill twice in the past year with regards to moving and decommissioning irradiators.

To the best of my knowledge, there are two companies that manufacture irradiators, J.L Shepherd and Nordion (out of Canada).

Nordion only works on Nordion irradiators because of the USNRC requirements for having shipping overpacks certified and licensed.  So they only move their own irradiators because of this requirement.

I believe J.L. Shepherd works in the same way.  But I do not know if they have approved shipping overpacks to move Nordion irradiators.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vince

Vince Chase, CHP