Job Opportunity: Scientist, Radiation Safety Institute

Job Opportunity: Scientist - National Education Centre, Radiation Safety

Institute of Canada

Put the old stereotypes aside. It's a new world in radiation safety, and

there's lots of exciting work for you to do!

As a scientist, you know already what many Canadians do not know: that

everywhere in Canada, in almost every industry and in nearly every service

sector, radioactive materials and radiation emitting machines and devices

are now widely used. They are the high tech tools of the modern workplace.

We call them simply "radiation tools."

Canadians have become more aware of the presence of these tools in the

workplace and of their own need for impartial information, sound advice,

good education and effective training in radiation safety and, also, for

various kinds of specialized technical services.

That's where we come in. At the Radiation Safety Institute, we inform,

advise, educate and train our fellow Canadians in radiation science and

radiation safety. We call it "good science in plain language."®  We have a

reputation for it.

We also monitor workers and workplaces, homes and schools and provide other

kinds of technical assistance. We have our own government-licensed

laboratories and an experienced, professional staff, including radiation

scientists.

It's important work and we take pride in doing it well. Life is never dull

at the Radiation Safety Institute. There is always challenge, interest and

excitement - and a team of great people to work with.

And that's where you come in. We wish to appoint another scientist to the

staff of the Institute's National Education Centre in Toronto. If you have

at least an MSc in physics, health physics or a related discipline; if you

can teach and would like the challenge of a diversity of opportunities in

your work, then you might like to talk to us.

If you have initiative, energy, drive and imagination; if you write clearly

and effectively and can work with a team, then we would like to talk to you.

Salary for this staff position is competitive. There is a first-class health

benefits package and pension plan.

The position is open to Canadian citizens and landed immigrants.

Founded in 1980, the independent Radiation Safety Institute of Canada can be

found online at www.RadiationSafety.ca.

Please send applications to:

Radiation Safety Institute of Canada/Institut de radioprotection du Canada

National Education Centre

1120 Finch Avenue W, Suite 607

Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3J 3H7

Fax: 416-650-9920

Email: tdegeus@RadiationSafety.ca

Shawn Dalrymple BA

Communications Officer, Radiation Safety Institute of Canada

www.RadiationSafety.ca - "Good science in plain language"®

National Education Centre

1120 Finch Avenue West, Suite 607

Toronto, Ontario  Canada  M3J 3H7