Skin dose RO2 and a new, searchable database file available

Lori Glander wrote:

I am interested in any work that has been done on beta geometry factors for hot particles when calculating skin dose measured on contact with an open window Eberline RO2.

Lori, and radsafers all,

There may be some articles of interest to you on our new, vastly improved website, www.radpro.com.  If you enter into the "storefront" area of the site, there is a search function which will allow you to view a complete list of all articles published in either Radiation Protection Management or RSO Magazine, from the journals first published, through 2000.  Beginning with 2001, the articles are still under "subscribers only" status, and appear in a different area of the site.  Although it's a "storefront," you don't need to register or pay to do the searches, and the results returned to you will include the original citation information, the titles of the articles, the authors, a list of key words (in most cases), and a complete abstract if one was published with the article.  You can search by any parameter you like -- author, title, or keywords (for example, "hot particles" or "skin dose" or "Eberline") -- to view articles of interest.

We are just beginning the development of this site, so the full articles are not yet posted; however, if you wish to order "reprints" on articles, we will mail or fax them the day we receive the order.  Eventually, we will have all articles "up" and available for download.  And since we're in the beginning stages, any comments or suggestions would be most welcome!

Hope this helps!

Sharyn