Re: Deadly Waste

In a message dated 7/10/02 6:55:46 AM Mountain Daylight Time, michael.g.stabin@vanderbilt.edu writes:

Actually, all Americans are also doomed. Anyone who may get a medical
examination involving DEADLY radiation is doomed (collective dose in the US
about 130,000 person-Sv per year). Anyone who lives for any length of time
bathed in this sea of DEADLY background radiation is doomed. Anyone who eats
a banana chock full of DEADLY radioactivity (K-40, half-life 1.3 BILLION
years, gamma ray energy 1.5 MILLION electron volts) giving off DEADLY
radiation will be lucky to make it through to the weekend. Just entering a
grocery store, where large quantities of unshielded bananas are routinely
stored, is probably enough to do you in. We need a Chiquita Mountain
project, and soon.

Mike

I'm Chiquita Banana and I've come to say
Bananas radiate you in a certain way
When the skin is golden with a brownish hue
That K-40 gamma is just waiting for you
You can put them in a salad
You can put them in a pie
Any way they can be ate
They will surely radiate

And bananas like the climate of the very very tropical equator
So your dentist sure can use them
As an x-irradiator.

Hope I haven't violated any copyrights.

Ruth