Re: Recommendation for new format, criticism

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: M Nivas <motnivas@yahoo.com>

An: Franz Schoenhofer <franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT>

Cc: radsafe <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2002 21:46

Betreff: Re: Recommendation for new format

>I agree with franz -  this is excellent as is1 -

>anyway who would pay for it? and would be worth it?

>                        Tom

>--- Franz Schoenhofer <franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT>

>wrote:

>> Never change a winning team!

>> Franz

This was my first, impulsive reaction. Now comes the more sophisticated one,

which I think should be thought over carefully.

As far as I understand there exists a "list owner", who is at the same time

the list moderator. I think that the list owner has done an incredible

amount of work after having taken over the list from Melissa and I really

believe, that nobody had ever any complaints. We RADSAFErs have made his

moderation rather easy, because we all are very nice people, behave mostly

correctly and if we are asked by the moderator to tune down or to refrain

from off-topics we obey (including me!). Therefore I object to the way, the

discussion is now going on. I believe that any proposals about the way the

list is organized should be directed to the list owner before it is - with

his consent - submitted to the list members - it is at least a matter of

politeness!!!! It sure is up to the list owner to decide, what kind of work

he is willing to do.

We should be very grateful to the person, who has volunteered to keep the

RADSAFE list alive. It is not acceptable, that he is not the center of

proposals for new formats.

Franz