Re: Recommendation for new format

I think any suggestions for improving the list are wonderful and should be

considered. My experience with bulletin board type lists are that they tend

to get hit a lot by irresponsible posts from people who may be antagonistic

to most folks on the list, or just immature people who like to post shocking

stuff. A moderated email list at least permits some limitation on unwanted

posts, so that would be my main objection. Others have raised other issues

that are also relevant. So the idea of discontinuing the email list is

probably not viable. Of course if anyone wants to start a BB type service

and maintain it, that's fine.

> We should be very grateful to the person, who has volunteered to keep the

> RADSAFE list alive.

Thank you very much for these kind words, Franz. Thanks also to the many

others who often send me a nice e-mail off line, saying "thank you" or

offering other suggestions and words of encouragement. It does take a bit of

effort to keep up with a list, but it is not at all a thankless job, because

of all of your kindnesses. Keep up the good posting.

Mike Stabin