Re: Potassium cell study

on 7/10/02 8:49 AM, Jacobus, John (OD/ORS) at jacobusj@ors.od.nih.gov wrote:

> Ah, yes.  The grand conspiracy.  I knew Charlie, and had a lot of respect

> for him.  However, this is still hearsay evidence.  What I am asking is, is

Not hearsay. Charlie testified to personal knowledge of the actual

experiments being done, and the failure to publish.

> there any documentation of such an experiment?  This is the same as saying

Interesting. You claim that because it is covered up it doesn't exist!

The fact of such experiments is well known. Oak Ridge ran substantial

quantities of K through the calutrons for biology experiments. Now, search

the literature for results of such studies.

In '82 Luckey obtained 'denatured' K for experiments at Argonne (reported by

Luckey 1986). He found that the material was recovered from experiments at

Oak Ridge in a vial dated 1962.

> there is a carburetor that allows a car to get 75 miles to a gallon of gas

> (4 liters to our international readers)  Says who? There is a story that

> years ago the Navy located all the members of the original Nautilus crew,

> because another story was going around that they had all died from

> radiation.  (Story of a story?)  It seems to me that the government would

> have published this report since in the 1950's and 1960's was encouraging

> the use of nuclear power.

Wrong. You haven't been listening. (I'm kidding. I think you HAVE been

listening. Just don't like the answers.) Manhattan Project results were

suppressed. Dozens of studies were suppressed. Marshall Brucer reported that

in HPS 1987. Hugh Henry, at Oak Ridge, in JAMA!, 1961.

I was told these facts by senior Oak Ridge and AEC officials in 1972; by

Frigerio 1973, and in more extensive discussions during later work with him

in 1978.

> Again, where is the proof of the potassium cell study?

Done. Including Charlie's testimony of personal experience on the March 1996

NRC transcript.

Consider also NRC's refusal, and Oak Ridge refusal, to inquire about

Charlie's allegations.

> By the way, I could not find the subcommittee report at the NRC Web Site.  I

> tried using the ADAMS, but that leaves much to be desired.  Could you

> provide me the link so I can read it myself.

I don't know what NRC has done to the site since it put it back together

after trashing it post-9-11. You, somebody, must have time/interest in

finding such a specific item on the NRC site. (Do you really care?)