Re: Recommendation for new format

On 10 Jul 2002 at 17:31, Michael G. Stabin wrote:

> Of course if anyone wants to start a BB type service and maintain it, that's fine.

This has been tried. The health_physics group was initiated by Larry

Doerr. While there is some activity, it is limited. The Know_Nukes

list is more active, but most of the dialogue was gibberish and I

quit.

There is nothing like Radsafe, and, to change what is already a good

thing can only detract from what we have. If we're going to improve

anything, then we can look at the Archive capabilities first. Mike is

keenly aware of what was given up when Vanderbilt took the ownership

from Univ. of IL. There are limitations, but, we DO have a

listserver. Vanderbilt should be commended for allowing us to use

their servers, and Mike especially for taking on the responsibility

of manager.

Sandy Perle				Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100

Director, Technical			Extension 2306

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service	Fax:(714) 668-3149

ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.		E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  	E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com