Re: "positive" news reporting on Yucca Mountain & transportationaccidents

I'm not so grateful to Smith. We see how we consider poor reporting to be

"positive" just because it isn't completely dishonest. "Positive" is

relative. If there's million to 1 chance that an SNF shipment could

incinerate the world, then 900 (or 2700, no difference) shipments with NO

effects is not reassuring.

An actual "positive" report would be to say, "If there were an extreme

event, it would be a big yawn!"

Regards, Jim