Re: Deadly Waste

Hi Barbara

I understand what you are saying. I don't know enough to know where to draw the lines.

I agree that zero above background is extreme.

I gotta ask - whats wrong with toilet paper? Don't tell me its radioactive! Or were you looking at the bleaching process?

I'm not clear about your last comment - are you saying that the polluter should not pay, since in the end we all pay for the pollution clean up anyway? I'm not sure I'd agree with you - for example, when GE settled ith EPA to pay to clean up PCB's in the Hudson, how can you show that consumers paid more for a washing machine? At times, isn't it 'just' stockholders who are hurt for a quarter or two until profits go back up?

Norm