Re: Recommendation for new format

Yahoo! Groups' web interface [i.e. archive] is Major

League ____s___l___o___w.  The reason it's so slow is

that it's got more adverts on it than just about any

other site.  To visit messages in Yahoo! Groups'

archive, a lot of times one needs to click through an

advert first.  Then, on top of that, there are adverts

on the top and bottom of each archived message.

I'm not against capitalism, but I am against having

this much of my time wasted.

I don't think any of us need to have any more time

wasted, and my feeling is that Yahoo! Groups has a

much more clunky, slow interface than the wonderful

plain text email, with a no-advertising, fast archive

that we have now, courtesy of the good folks at Vandy,

who have kindly helped us with some server space.

I think that Yahoo! Groups are designed more for folks

who don't have server space already.

Also, the email messages from Yahoo! Groups come with

an advert included, which ties up bandwidth i.e. inbox

space.

What's wrong with the current setup?  Don't fix it if

it's not broke....

~Ruth 2

http://sbc.yahoo.com