Re: Victims

On 6 Aug 2002 at 12:43, William V Lipton wrote:

> What is the purpose of this argument over the "body count"?  If the bomb

> killed "only" 140,000 rather than 226,870 persons, does that make it

> acceptable?

The answer of course is, that it does not make it acceptable.

I surmise that the debate is over the number of deaths attributable

to the dose received. It is important to provide for correct numbers,

attributable to the exposure. Suppose the number quoted, for all

deaths attributable to direct exposure as well as long-term effects

of the exposure, was said to be 750,000. Should someone not speak out

to question those numbers, and provide a more accurate assessment?

It's not a question of whether or not the bomb should have been

dropped. The question is on accuracy in reporting, and not using an

individual's tragic events to facilitate another's agenda.

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/