RE: Annual attempt at correction

> The revisionist history is that it was necessary to drop the atomic bombs to avoid an invasion of Japan and end the war.

In the atomic bomb museum in Hiroshima I personally saw the note from the head of the Japanese military to the emporer, saying "We cannot win this war, but we are prepared to offer 100 million honorable deaths.  It was dated Aug 5, 1945, the day before the bomb dropped.  Based on the fanatical defenses encountered by our troops on each island between here and the homeland, I see no reason to conclude "the war was over."  The msg from the museum was quite the opposite.

Ted Rockwell