RE: Annual attempt at correction

Franz,

I am sorry to disappoint you, but I am at work and do not have access to all

of my reading material.  Most of what I said was for memory, and I thought

that the Soviet Union had declared war after the dropping of the atomic

bombs, but was not sure.  That is why I said "believed." I certainly did not

want to make an obvious error, but apparently I did and I am glad you caught

it.

My belief that the use of the atomic bombs was inevitable remains strong.

While we have the luxury of studying history from different points of view

and interpretation, we were not there and can only see the events through

the writings of those who were.  Wars should be fought to the total defeat

of the enemy.  Otherwise, you have to do it again.

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

3050 Traymore Lane