Re: What to do ? ? ?

>Even experienced people have accidents involving ladders.  More to the point -- falls in the tub can cause (and have caused) serious injury and death -- does that stop you from bathing or showering?

We experienced one such severe accident in our family, my wife's grandmother once slipped and fell because extremely hot water surprised her, and she received severe burns on one thigh from the running water that she could not stop. This accident occurred at a hotel, and we did not sue them or even attribute any fault to them, it was just an accident. Now, if I developed a pathologic fear of bathtubs from this, and the hundreds of similar incidents that occur each year, would that be the fault of the home manufacturer's association (i.e. they should pay me huge sums of money) or should I just "get over it"? I think the latter. I know that I am far better protected from ionizing radiation than from my own bathtub. As Ruth says, I just keep showering (my friends and family are thankful), and oddly I don't feel the need to sue anyone.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP
Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Vanderbilt University
1161 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37232-2675
Phone (615) 343-0068