RE: Truck carrying 'low-level' radioactive tools crashes

According to excerpts from the 'news story' at

 http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsroom/081402/14nukecrash.html -

		The crash [with an overpass] dented the container holding the tools,

		raising fears of a nuclear disaster and sending hundreds of emergency

		workers racing to the scene.

		"Police closed off three miles of Route 9 and evacuated more than

		100 residents while hazardous-materials crews tested the air quality

		around the container, which was damaged but not broken open."

		"The tests determined that radioactive levels near the container were

		the same as indicated on the shipping manifest when the truck departed

		Wampum, Pa., meaning no radioactivity had leaked."

		"It was scary as all hell, I'll tell you that," said Keith Smith, who heard

		the crash before he was evacuated from the Old Bay Street home

		where he was staying with relatives.

		"I'm just visiting from Florida," Smith said. "I didn't want to go home

		glowing, you know?"

Uneducated maybe, but not glowing.  The article goes downhill from there. A photo of the truck and container is at http://www.thejournalnews.com/TJNhome/main400.html   The email address of the reporter, Oliver Prichard, is oprichar@thejournalnews.com

BTW, the sign on the side of the container is "NUKEM"      ;-)

Rick Strickert

Signature Science LLC

Austin, TX