Re: perception and reality regarding tool boxes on trucks

Not quite; we "deal with it" by recognizing that the fears of the

general public, even tho not rational for a "scientifically trained

person", are real and must be respected.  If someone is ordered to

evacuate his home because of a radioactive materials accident, I don't

blame him for being concerned.  BTW, this evacuation is one of the

actions recommended in the DOT, "Emergency Response Guidebook."

Dismissing people with concerns as stupid or inferior will only

reenforce their fears.

My humble request to those who want to continue their elitist and

condescending approach to public concerns:  "Don't just do something,

stand there."

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.

Bill Lipton