Re: perception and reality regarding tool boxes on trucks

on 8/14/02 10:35 AM, William Stewart at william.stewart@usask.ca wrote:

> What if one of those evacuated individuals suffers from "Radiation induced

> Stress"?  Who is to blame, the transport company, the owner of the

> radioactive items, the E.R. team or the media???

> Just my $0.0126 worth (Canadian) :-)

Bill, None of the above. They are mostly as gullible as the public. The

fear-mongering comes directly from the NCRP et al. On behalf of the

fund-generating/dispensing agencies, and cash-grabbing "review body"

groupies whose first principle is personal advancement and second is nice

meetings in nice places. :-)

When the truck carrying new fuel to VY had a fire near Springfield Mass in

'92(?), we couldn't explain that "IT'S NEW FUEL!" over the din of every

dimwit with a Geiger counter in 5 states and 5 corporations racing to the

scene!  Understand that the public learns from the adage "Don't listen to

what they say, watch their feet!" Gov't knows.

That's why they make the "debate" over Yucca Mt. into a publicly visible,

very high cost, exercise, led by the contractors who are filling their

pockets with the funds defrauded from the gullible public: "If they're going

so far, and spending so much, and calculating 10s and 100s of thousands of

years into the future, and escorting spent fuel, etc., etc., it must be

inconceivably dangerous - despite the fact that the doses are non-existent,

and worst-case trivial, relative to background radiation, and there's more

"risk" in the diesel fuel in the truck or train engine than in the fuel

cask!

Regards, Jim