Critical comments on RADSAFE

Thanks, Bud,

Since I've retired, I've spent a little time exchanging messages on the

Sierra Club net.  I've sent messages concerning the ship transporting

nuclear fuel and about the incorrect information put out concerning Yucca

Mountain.  I certainly got some responses from people who didn't agree with

me.  After two exchanges with one person, she went to private communication

with me to talk further.  In NO case did I get personally attacked.

Like you, I'm concerned about the way people on RADSAFE treat each other.

And, yes, there are a few names that are automatically rejected by my Email

because I've learned they prefer attack to discourse.

I've sent a few critical comments to people after they posted something on

RADSAFE, but the comments were addressed to them and not to RADSAFE, and,

even then, I didn't accuse them of being "bad" because their opinion didn't

agree with mine.

I'm also one of those who quite often thinks "I'd like to comment on that,

but I don't need the grief I know I'll get from (insert name) if I do."

Here's to debating issues and not discussing personalities!

Les Aldrich, CHP

laldrich@gte.net