Re: Nuclear Regulators: Attack Risk Low

Good point Jack!  Except...

on 8/19/02 10:54 AM, Jack_Earley@RL.GOV at Jack_Earley@RL.GOV wrote:

> We appear to have nearly reached the point where no one needs to attack

> us--we as a country can cause ourselves more harm. If an NPP were attacked,

> the resulting lack of harm would just be passed off as "fortunate" because

> it "could have been worse if...," and "we'd better shut them all down

> before...." And although the terrorist manual lists NPPs as potential

> targets, no one has actually threatened to attack them; our infrastructure

> is only being terrorized by the anti-nuc industry.

As Ted Rockwell actually said, below...

It is being more greatly terrorized by the "nuke industry." "Thar's GOLD in

them thar bills!" (Legislation, that is! :-)  Scare the Congress-critters!

They'll knee-jerk react the only way they know how - throw money at it!

(To the tune of the Beverly Hillbillies! :-)

> Jack Earley

> Radiological Engineer

Thanks, Jack! :-)

Regards, Jim