Re: "EMF" & brain tumors

At 03:44 AM 08/22/2002 +0000, Bjorn Cedervall wrote:

>Then a famous sports commentator - this time as an epidemiology expert:

>http://www.expressen.se/article.asp?id=119591

>The text under his picture says "it began to heat up in the (my) ear

>areas/tract".

GAK...of course it does. THE PHONE GETS WARM. Not all of the energy taken

out of the battery turns into radio waves. Some of it turns into heat. What

doesn't get hot when it's operating? Even 2W LED flashlights get quite

warm. Heating from thermal transfer from a warm object (the phone) to a

cooler object (his head) isn't the same as heating by "diathermy" (or

whatever the appropriate name is for what microwave ovens do).

NOTE: I am not comparing cellular phones to microwave ovens. They use

different frequencies. The power outputs are different. It's just that

there are two ways to warm something with a cell phone. One is conduction

from a warm cell phone. The other is directly via the radio waves.

Cheers,

Richard