RE: A clarification following John Jacobus's comments about my news item.

	I have a minor pet peeve which follows John Jacobus' criticism about

the weight of a letter vs. the weight of a reviewed article, re. John

Cameron's letter to BJR.

	In April 1989 Health Physics published a letter from Ted Webster

regarding the EDE of persons using lead aprons during fluoroscopy or other

radiological procedures when working close to the patient table.  The

formulas proposed in that unreviewed letter have been used by dosimetry

vendors and supported by the CRCPD throughout the country to determine the

EDE of large numbers of radiation workers.  I have not seen reference to any

review of the proposals made in that letter, yet there is no one questioning

the validity of the information in that letter.  I think the whole issue of

calculating EDE from one or two badges worn by radiation workers should be

thoroughly analyzed in peer review articles so that we can be certain that

the doses we as RSO's are stating to the radiographers working in our

facilities are accurate.

Bob Scott, RPO

Roger Williams Medical Center

Providence, RI