Thanks, Ruth (was RE: UF6)

Although a neophyte, I joined this list to try and learn about the real

risks of the "nuclear terrorism" I keep hearing about in the news. It has

been most comforting.

One of many people who has taken the time to help educate me has been Ruth

Weiner. I've had many interesting (to me, probably boring to most of you

and perhaps even her) discussions with her both on and off list. I have

learned much.

One thing I've learned, is that I'm glad I don't work in your field where

it's regulated by people who seemingly don't understand. Oops...my field is

regulated by the FCC. Hmmm....is there a field that relies on scientific

principal anymore? At least mistakes in broadcasting (unlike nuclear and

rockets) don't have quite the high risk to human life...ours is more of a

pervasive, low-level degradation of life as we know it. What does the

hormesis curve for TV look like? Or is TV truly LNT? <smile>

Thanks, Ruth (and others)!

Richard