RE: UF6

Michael Stabin wrote:

<<Regarding the recent exchange, I think Ruth's comment was not meant to be

rude to Kurt, I thought she was just saying "this is not a huge safety

concern, why should we wring our hands about it?" (correct me if I'm wrong,

Ruth). The reply, accusing her of pomposity, was more of the kind that would

be considered by some for discipline, but which I decided to let go for the

moment.>>

Neither did I feel it was rude--I use the same phrase and I anticipate an

honest response. It's a reality check. There are rude and pompous responders

on this list--or at least there used to be--when I tired of reading their

comments I filtered them out and don't see them anymore. I've observed that

Ruth 1) doesn't need me or anyone else to defend her, 2) goes out of her way

to respond honestly and in great detail to comments most of us wouldn't even

acknowledge, 3) has more knowledge than most of us ever will, and offending

her will cost us, not her, and 4) has never been rude to anyone that I can

remember. I have no tolerance for rudeness from anybody, but there's also a

difference between rudeness and a strong response or even an implied or

explicit reproof where deserved.

Jack Earley

Radiological Engineer