AW: FYI: Low Level Radiation Campaign

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu [mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Kai Kaletsch
Gesendet: Samstag, 31. August 2002 19:12
An: ruthweiner@AOL.COM; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Betreff: Re: FYI: Low Level Radiation Campaign

Another excellent anti-nuke site is http://www.antenna.nl/wise/ .

I particularly enjoy to on-line calculators at http://www.antenna.nl/wise/uranium/calc.html .

Personally, I don't think that the problem is in using the internet as a source of information. I think the problem is that we tend to take all media information at face value and we turn off our brains.

Yes, I agree, that this anti-nuclear site is really excellent. They provide an incredible amount of information and the information - at least the one I have looked at - is correct and not at all twisted.

It does not only happen, that "we" turn off our brains, but that some people start to speculate on the basis of the mass media reports. And then speculations go further and further without that the facts are known. We had that recently on the "weapons grade material" from a Yugoslav research reactor. On the other hand I think it is correct and helpful if RADSAFErs provide us with arguments, that the reports in the mass media cannot be true. Many of us are asked by friends, collegues, even other mass media about such news and it helps at least to be able to ensure them, that the news cannot be correct.

Franz