From:   Ben Selinger [SMTP:Ben.Selinger@anu.edu.au]
<mailto:[SMTP:Ben.Selinger@anu.edu.au]>
Sent:   Friday, 30 August 2002 9:20
To:     Sonter Mark
Subject:        RE: talk to journos

Dear Mark,
I have been researching the Reader's Digest radioactive scout story.  The
article is a shortened reprint of an article in Harpers magazine of November
1998 which gives more detail.  However, there is no independent verification
and as the souts name is David Hahn (any relation to Otto?????, I am
concerned it may be  spoof, although the science reads fine.
I notice it comes up as a heading in your notes.  Do you know anything more
about it?
Thanks
Ben S.

Emeritus Professor Ben Selinger
Versel Scientific Consulting    ABN 85 542 900 293
  POB 71  Garran ACT 2605     Australia
tel   +61 (0)2 6281 5076;   fax   +61 (0)2 6285 2832
E-mail  Ben.Selinger@anu.edu.au <mailto:Ben.Selinger@anu.edu.au>
http://chemistry.anu.edu.au/Staff/BKS/versel.php3
<http://chemistry.anu.edu.au/Staff/BKS/versel.php3>

This e-mail is intended for the addressee(s) named and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Environment Protection Authority.