Re: GAO Opens DB Investigation

Hi Bill

As a critic who's making you all stronger, I'd say that what the DB investigations

continue to show is that some of the nuke power industry has a penchant for putting

safety at risk in order to secure short-term profits. This was true at Indian Point

(steam generator rupture) as well as at the Bess-Mess.

Beyond that, DB shows an NRC so thoroughly cowed by the nuke industry that they have

become unwilling to enforce the rules when enforcement is really necessary.

Whatever radsafers think of us 'anti's, someone's got to be out there "watching the

watchers".

Peace

Norm Cohen

--

Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr Ave.,

Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8583 or 609-601-8537;  ncohen12@comcast.net  UNPLUG SALEM

WEBSITE:  http://www.unplugsalem.org/  COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE WEBSITE:

http://www.coalitionforpeaceandjustice.org   The Coalition for Peace and Justice is a

chapter of Peace Action.

"First they ignore you; Then they laugh at you; Then they fight you; Then you win.

(Gandhi) "Why walk when you can fly?"  (Mary Chapin Carpenter)