I sent out the question about "which ear" to Radsafers plus about 150 other

people (that is over 3000 people). 28 hours have now passed and I obtained a

total of 47 responses so far. 20 of these responses come from Swedish

friends.

Present status:

Right: 11

Left: 16

Both: 17

Don't know: 2

This low response level is interesting in itself - the key reference I have

in mind (Cellular and cordless phones..., European J. Cancer Prevention,

Vol. 11, 2002:377-386) say that they had a 90 % response level after sending

out a 21 page questionnaire.

I am asking only one question and it seems like I may get a maximum of 5 %

This doesn't make sense - even if it is only after 24 hours. Can anyone

comment typical response rates (%) for questionnaires?

For remaining responders - please send your "ear" answer

(right/left/both/don't know)

best3d72@yohoo.com

Why is all this important? Because the whole study (ref. above) is based on

the phone-ear and acoustic neurinoma (benign tumor of the brain). I

deliberately stay away from any interpretational reasoning at this stage.

One must be cautious anyway. The more of you who respond - the more valuable

this survey will be.

My personal reflection only,

Bjorn Cedervall    bcradsafers@hotmail.com

http://www.geocities.com/bjorn_cedervall/

(I have now arranged so that an independent person will check all responses

to "best3d72" - those sent to this email address must be promtly deleted

however - after writing down the answers of course. There is a heavy

pressure on this email address so I can't keep any emails for someone else.)